Derecho Clean Up
On Monday, August 10, 2020 the Cedar Rapids community, sustained significant damage from a derecho storm, including winds over 100 mph. A derecho is a storm with strong straight line winds, it is similar to a hurricane, but comes with little warning.
King of King's property received some damage, the majority of the damage to the main building was to the soffit. The work done on the Children and Youth Addition built by Labors For Christ was destroyed. The building expansion has been put on hold until the spring of 2021 to allow for focused help on recovery in our community. The digital sign that was installed the morning of August 10 was also damaged.
Requests for Assistance
- Requests for assistance may be emailed to the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you can include a description of the work needed and a 1-2 photographs.
- Prayers and additional needs may be requested via the NEED HELP form.
How can you help?
- King of King's Disaster Recovery Team is home to a LERT Team. The team is actively responding to the needs in our community through the Iowa District East response. We have chainsaw certified members who are helping clear trees in a safe manner.
- Meals are being provided for volunteers. Bottled water, sports drinks (Gatorade, Powerade, etc), and ice are daily needs for the volunteers.
- Volunteer help is needed to assist with preparing meals and recovery efforts. Contact the church office for more details.
- Donations towards the King of Kings Disaster Team can be made by visiting the Give Page and selecting Online Giving. Giving may be also done via texting. The dedicated Give By Text number for King of Kings is (319) 382-0309.
- An Amazon Wishlist has been created to support the Disaster Recovery Team. It can be viewed here.
- Additional Wish List items: